The best writer in the village

Writing is a craft. To learn to write in English, I want to force myself to write a certain amount of words regularly. And that is the main reason why I started this blog - to become better at writing. 

All writing is ultimately a question of solving a problem. I am walking the path to becoming a LEAN Expert. There is still a long way to go; however, I already gained a few insights and learning that could make the path easier for someone else. 

The biggest problem I face on my journey is a misinterpretation of LEAN management. To understand LEAN, I walked several paths that lead me to a dead end. By writing this blog, I want to assure myself  I am on the right path.

I will share 30 lessons I learned when studying, practicing, and developing people in LEAN management. In the blog posts, you will find my personal opinions supported by key literature and practical examples. 


Here is the shortlist of topics I will write about in this blog:

- LEAN is not a lemon

- Take me to Gemba

- Learning to see: being on GEMBA is not enough

- The source of knowledge: must-read books and blogs

- Production mechanism by Shigeo Shingo

- There is No understanding without VSM

- The difference between Continuous Improvement and LEAN 

- 6 Sigma does not need LEAN

- Culture is everything.

- Say NO to Transformation, say YES to Conformation

- Coaching 

- Being a LEAN Coach

- Shingo Transforamtion Model

- Best Practice Sharing

.... and many more ;)


Writing helps me structurize my thoughts, and those understand things better; therefore,  I will be very grateful for any comments and ideas for improvement as in my writing skill so in my understanding of the world of LEAN. 

It is a unique learning process for me to become a better writer and a LEAN expert, so please share your insights.

... and yes, what about becoming the best writer in the village? I can be the expert in any field I choose, but how can I be useful to others if no one knows that? 

I believe this blog will be helpful not only for my fellow villagers -  people going the same journey - but also for anyone interested in operational excellence :)

I talk to you soon ;)


Marek.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L3: The five elements of production

L5: Learning to See

L1: Language matters